photo-village-at-the-park-ourstory

Village at the Park is located on the former Athletic Park site.

Athletic Park was opened in April 1896 and continued its fine sporting traditions until the final rugby match was held, 103 years later, in October 1999.

The stands of Athletic Park were an icon of the local skyline, and many Wellingtonians will remember hearing the roar of a frenzied crowd as legendary rugby players thundered towards the try line.

The Park is steeped in history and has seen celebration, team camaraderie, and passionate spirit over many years. These qualities continue to flow into the atmosphere of the village today.

Village at the Park is very proud of its history and to recognise this, we have named our care facility wings after two women who had long standing involvement with Athletic Park – Mary Coleman and Rawinia Buchanan.

Village at the Park has set a high standard in the quality of its buildings and in the services and activities it offers. This has resulted in a strong demand from people wishing to access our village. Because of this demand the village continues to expand and develop new services for
its residents.